The Left for Dead franchise was and still is wildly popular. This series immerses players in an action title where your main objective is to survive an onslaught of undead zombies. With a variety of different zombies and unique weapons, the game turned out to be an addictive hit. There have only been two main installments for the IP which is now owned by Valve. Although fans have been asking for another episode, there's nothing new in development. This does not mean that no content is being rolled out for Left 4 Dead 2.
In fact, there is quite an active fan community that provides players with new levels or missions. It's a labor of passion for these fans to continue to deliver content for this beloved franchise. However, not long ago we got wind of a fan-made update that would be officially supported through the PC platform. This update was called The Last Stand, and aside from the name, we really didn't know what to expect. Now, an official trailer has been released, giving players an idea of what to expect when this update rolls out later this month.
In The Last Stand, Left 4 Dead 2 players will have quite a bit of content to chew on. Players will find new survival maps, achievements, animations, dialogues, and a host of new fixes to get rid of some pesky bugs. For a full preview provided on the official YouTube channel for the JAiZ game update, check out the notes below. Meanwhile, you can expect the update to be released on September 24, 2022 for the PC platform.
Left 4 Dead 2 – The Last Stand
- 30 New Achievements – Unique new milestones to achieve!
- 26 new survival maps – How long can you survive against endless hordes?
- 4 New Salvage Maps – Wait, are people still playing scavenge?
- 2 new melee weapons – Hunt down a Jockey with the pitchfork or hit him with the shovel. Satisfaction guaranteed!
- Infected L4D1 – The infected L4D1s are back, and they're bloodier than ever!
- New Unused Survivor Voice Lines - Rochelle now has a personality!
- New Character Animations – New, improved and overhauled animations by our skilled modding team!
- Reworked Gun Models and Animations – Guns now behave more like real guns!
- PvP improvements and balance changes – New attack points, new tank spawns and hundreds of newly infected ladders for competitive modes!
- Official CSS Weapons Implementation – CSS Weapons are now available to everyone!
- New Rocketdude mutations and Tank run – Ever wanted to launch yourself with a grenade launcher or flee from hordes of tanks? We have what you need.
- Improved UI Options – Solo option for more game modes, Versus Survival officially introduced to main menu, easier game mode switching and new outro stats!
- Hundreds of bug fixes and exploits – The days of falling in elevators are over!