One of Cyberpunk 2077's most annoying side tasks takes away everything you normally use to win - the Battle Arena battles in "Beat The Brat" quests. There are tons of these fights, and if you're a normal player like me, you won't be prepared at all. You can get this quest from the start of the game and not complete it even if you reach the very end.
There are no easy tricks to complete the fights, but I know what basic perks and cyberware you will need to overcome. Start planning early and you can finally win with just a few wasted perk points. You can always respec and move your points around when you're finally done with those dang tasks.
More Cyberpunk 2077 guides:
10 quick tips | 5 Weirdest Objects You Shouldn't Miss | Romantic Options Guide | How To Find Hideo Kojima & BB | Easter Egg Guide | How to Improve Performance on PC and Console
If you haven't put points in Body/Street Brawler, the side tasks in “Beat The Brat” are surprisingly difficult. It's possible to win, but the more perks you unlock in Athletics and Street Brawler, the better off you'll be.
- How to start "Beat The Brat": In Act 1 or Act 2, go to your apartment complex. On the floor of your apartment you will find a man training with a robot. You can talk to him and organize fights all over town.
Here's what you need to do to win. Every fight is hard enough, so most of what follows following advantages / cyberware you get, the better off you will be.
- Recommended Benefits:
- Dazed (street brawler): All attacks with blunt weapons have a 15% chance to apply stun.
- Crushing Blows (Street Brawler): Increases the damage of heavy attacks with blunt weapons by 30%.
- Opportunity Strike (Street Brawler): Increases damage with blunt weapons against enemies affected by stun by 50%.
- Steel and chrome (athletics): Increases melee damage by 10%.
You can also unlock other perks, but they aren't as essential for success.
- Optional Benefits:
- Rush (street brawler): Successful attacks with blunt weapons regenerate 3% health over 2 sec.
- Regeneration (Athletics): Health regenerates slowly during combat.
If you don't have the advantage points available, visit a Cyberdoc and buy a E-Tabula Rasa. Each Respec costs 100 000 euros, so you will have to save.
Finally, you will need to purchase Cyberware Gorilla Arms. Swim them at Vic Viktor – you can buy a set at the first Cyberdoc in Watson, Little China.
When you're set up with all the perks and Gorilla Arms, you'll want to follow this basic strategy. It worked for us.
- During each arena battle, use Powerful attacks on your opponent until you run out of stamina. They will be stunned if you succeed on every hit.
- Back up and dodge until your stamina recharges. Once you are back to 100%, hit your opponent again with Power Attacks.
- Repeat until the fight is over.
It sounds corny, but some of these fights are ridiculously hard even if you're high level. The game's combat system is so clunky, so it's best to avoid risking damage as much as possible.
More Cyberpunk 2077 guides on Gameranx:
How To Get More Money And Buy Your First Car | Essential Skills You Must Unlock First | How To Earn Fast XP & Street Cred | How To Make Infinite Money With Vending Machines | Where To Find Skippy, The Annoying Talking Gun | All The Witcher Easter Eggs | Free Legendary Mantis Blades Location | The 17 Cyberpsycho addresses | The iconic locations of Johnny Silverhand's weapons and outfits | How To Respec Points Perk | How to get all epilogues and the secret ending