The latest update for Sea of Thieves makes it easier to find (and unlock) Ash Chests. Since this is an aspect of gaming that we've never really touched on here at Gameranx, I'm taking a deep dive to explain exactly what Ashen Chests are for, how to find them, and how to unlock them with Ashen Keys. There's a new method of acquiring Ash Keys that's much easier than before, and makes the game's trickier achievements much more difficult.
Ash Chests are special chests that can only be unlocked with a rare Ash Key - and they always contain a book of an Ash Ash Set. You can sell locked or unlocked Ash Chests to any Tavern for 5 Doubloons, but these are the tomes you'll really want to collect. Finding complete sets of Tomes unlocks achievements, and trading Tomes for the Duke will give you new Ashen Dragon cosmetics.
The Duke is useful for more than just tome swapping. You can now purchase Ash Slots and Ash Keys directly from the Duke!
Plus de guides Sea of Thieves:
11 facts you need to know before setting sail | Beginner's Guide | Discover these mysterious unknown places | Secret Guide | Hunt Golden Chickens For Quick Cash | Easy Gold Farming Guide | How To Improve Company Reputation | Guide to promotions
The new update makes the acquisition Ash boxes et Ashen Keys much easier than ever. All the old ways still apply, but let's take a look at the easiest ways to acquire both so you can complete your Ashen Tome collections.
- The easiest way to find ash chests and keys:
- Ashen's Chest Hideout Journey: Ash Chest slots can be purchased from the Duke for 50 doubloons -Where- 65 gold.
- Ashen Key: To open the ash chests, you will need keys. If you don't have any, you can also purchase them from Duke for 90 doubloons.
In total, it will cost you 140 doubloons for a single chest. It's a pretty high price, but it's easier to find them if you're tired of looking for random drops. Let's go through all the other methods to quickly find Ash Chests and Keys below.
- How to Find Ashen Chests:
- 3 Ashen Chests always spawn on the Skeleton Captain's ship, when encountering the Skeleton Fleet.
- Can randomly drop from a Kraken or Megalodon encounter - or from a Skeleton Ship.
- 1 Ashen Chest will always be found as a reward for completing an Ashen Skeleton Fort.
- Ashen Guardians will drop special notes that point to Ashen Chest locations.
Ashen Keys are much harder to find. Before they were available for purchase from Duke, there were only two ways to acquire Ashen Keys.
- How to find Ashen Keys:
- Dropped by enemies Ashen Key Master. These enemies appear randomly on islands, or they are more likely to be found in Skeleton Forts.
- A very small chance of being found when fishing if you don't use bait.
As you can see, this makes Ash Keys very rare. Sometimes it's worth spending the Doubloons instead of searching each skeleton island/fort for special enemies to eventually spawn.