* car fans *
It's a good day to be a bad dude, as Zagreus, Theseus, Nyx, Dusa and the rest of the underworld denizens have come to strut their stuff on the UK graphics scene. Last week, Supergiant Games' Hades finally hit the Top 20 at number seven, thanks to the physical release of the sexy-as-all-fuck roguelike on Nintendo Switch.
Hades joins a parade of Switch titles that currently make up the Top 10. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe maintain their respective number two and number four positions from last week, while social sim Animal Crossing: New Horizons is once again in the lead in the top spot, no doubt thanks to the title's anniversary celebrations and impending spring events. Super Mario 3D All-Stars brings the rear back to number nine.
A global phenomenon, Minecraft plays a dual role this week, with its original world-building title at number eight and its underground spin-off, Minecraft Dungeons, at number 10. PlayStation and Xbox platforms are represented by Spider-Man from Sony: Miles Morales at number three, Take-Two's Grand Theft Auto V at number five, and Activision's Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - still changing copy and sitting comfortably at number six.
UK video game sales chart w / e: 20 mars 2022
(Chart reflects physical in-store sales only)
1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Nintendo
2. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Nintendo
3. Spider-Man: Miles Morales – Sony Interactive Entertainment
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Nintendo
5. Grand Theft Auto V – Take-Two Interactive
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War – Activision
7. Hades – Supergiant Games
8. Minecraft - Nintendo
9. Super Mario 3D All-Stars - Nintendo
10. Donjons Minecraft – Xbox Game Studios
UK Video Games Charts [GamesIndustry.biz]