And Simplified Threat
Magic: The Gathering Arena just welcomed its new game Zendikar Rising alongside Magic's paper version, and things are... better now, following a huge set of bans.
Yes, much to the chagrin of players around the world, Wizards banned just one powerful card (Uro) a few weeks ago near the start of the set and decided to "watch" the rest of the landscape. This landscape ended up being absolutely dominated by one card (Omnath, one of the characters in many of the key pieces of art in the set): so Wizards destroyed it from existence along with the next powerful archetype that arises. would rise in his place.
For many reasons, it's a crazy time to play Magic, but for the most part the meta has settled in and there are a number of viable decks out there. I'm currently climbing Diamond now with Mono-Red: and not having all my creatures doubled by a Lucky Clover setup is awesome, let me tell you.
But between sets Arena is still being updated, like this new one that just released this week. It fixes a few bugs like infinite (or nearly infinite) loops and makes it easier to block Threat creatures (cards that need to be blocked by two or more creatures). It also adds the (actually) iconic Black Lotus to the game as a pet, which will earn you 3000 gems or 20 gold to buy directly; lest you take the limited-time bundle that is packaged with the back of the lotus card.
A bunch of events are also coming to Magic: Arena, which you can see below: these start now with a quick draft and will run until November 12. Oh, and a bunch of old-school lands are now available on the store as skins for your existing lands. It's a modest little patch!
Game Update Highlights [Wizards of the Coast]
QUICK PROJECT PROGRAM
- October 16 - October 30: Theros Beyond Death
- October 30 - November 13: Zendikar Rising
- November 13 – November 27: Throne of Eldraine
FIRST PROJECT SCHEDULE
- September 17 – Winter 2022: Zendikar Rising
- October 23 - October 30: Throne of Eldraine
- October 30 - November 6: Theros Beyond Death
- November 6 - November 12: Ikoira: Lair of Behemoths
FNM HOUSE TIMETABLE
Note: FNM Home begins the previous Thursday at 16:00 p.m. PT (23:XNUMX UTC)
- October 16: Historic Brawl
- October 23: Momir
- October 30: Super Standard
- November 5: brawl
- October 17 - October 20: Zendikar World Tour
- October 24 – October 26: Singleton Waterfall
- November 1 – November 4: Mastermind
- November 7 – November 12: Mini