2K Games and Hangar 13 have announced the first update to their recently released reamke title – Mafia!
Yes, the recently released game – Mafia: Definitive Edition, has received a new update and it comes with a ton of new additions, changes and fixes. The update is available to download from today and one of the biggest additions to the game is that players will now be able to play the game in a black and white filter called Dark Mode.
The update includes a lot more, like custom HUD options, a host of bug fixes, and more. The developers have taken to their blog to detail the full set of patch notes.
Check out the full set of patch notes for Mafia: Definitive Edition below:
Today, Hangar 13 will release an update for Mafia: Definitive Edition on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC. This update addresses various issues reported by players and also adds the following new features, which we hope you enjoy:
- Custom HUD options
Use these new options to customize the in-game HUD if, for example, you want your explorations of Lost Heaven to feel less guided or take a particularly nice screenshot:
– Enable/disable main objective marker in the world.
– Enable/disable minimap enemy markers on all difficulty settings. (Previously, enemy markers were always enabled outside of Classic Mode.)
– Enable/disable navigation features such as turn-by-turn directions and GPS mini-map.
– Enable the new Minimal HUD mode to hide HUD elements including minimap, speedometer and objective text during playback.
- Black mode
Activate Noir Mode to enjoy Mafia: Definitive Edition gameplay and cinematics with a vintage black and white look. Dark Mode can be toggled on and off through the Game Options screen.
- Free Ride Content
Now that you're off to the races and enjoying the Free Ride mode, depending on what vehicle you're driving and where you're driving it, you might find one of the few new gameplay features we have added to the mode. We'll leave the details for you to find out and hope you fare well in Lost Heaven.
Mafia: Definitive Edition fixes in this update include, but are not limited to:
- Addressed a reported concern that sometimes prevented the correct vehicles from unlocking in the player's Garage upon completion of Lucas Bertone's optional missions. Players who have completed these missions should find the correct vehicles in their Garage the next time they start the game.
- Addressed a reported issue where a special assassination animation was sometimes not triggering correctly during “The Saint and the Sinner” mission.
- Addressed a reported concern that certain cutscenes would sometimes display a black screen.
2K Games and Hangar 13 did a phenomenal job on the Mafia remake. The graphics, gameplay and minor changes really made the game so much better.
We here at gameranx have been covering the game for quite some time, so if you want to check out previously released trailers, helpful guides to get you through some tricky parts, or just want to know more about Mafia: Definitive Edition, so be sure to check out our dedicated game page here!
Mafia: Definitive Edition is available now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Have you jumped into the epic remake of the classic title? Let us know in the comments below!
source: Hangar 13