Gearbox Software has taken to their official website to announce and detail the latest update to be rolled out for their loot shooter title, Borderlands 3.
The update is now available to download on all platforms and is packed full of epic new content, fixes, and features! Some of the biggest additions in the new update include the inclusion of Mayhem 4, a new mission after the main campaign, as well as additional bank expansion packs.
Check out the full patch notes for Borderlands 3 Update 4 below:
Release Notes for Patch 4
Dismantling at Maliwan Blacksite
recruited the Vault Hunters to destroy a top secret weapon, Maliwan
was developed at their Blacksite. You and your team should
prepare for an extreme challenge as this content is balanced for
four players at level 50. You can access the Blacksite through a
mission found on Shrine III after completing the main campaign with this character.
with special rules not found in the rest of the game! Respawning is
disabled, so make sure you and your co-op partners receive Second Wind or
you will observe until the team wipes. If you die you are not out
permanently! Die in the first half, you will join your team
if they defeat the Valkyrie Squad. If you are in the second half, but
your team manages to defeat Wotan The Invincible, you will have the chance to respawn
to enjoy the rewards you haven't fully earned!
- Make sure your
the team is in the session before throwing the switch inside the airlock,
or whoever joins after the switch changes joins as a spectator!
4 is here for players looking for the toughest challenge in the game!
Mayhem 4 adds another boost to enemy health, increases loot drop
chances, and adds a set of new legendaries! Because the health value
significantly increased, Mayhem 4 also slightly adjusts the random modifier
system. Mayhem 4 will only roll a positive modifier for the player and
an enemy bonus modifier. We want players to try different builds
without seriously hampering their ability to down enemies in Mayhem
4 Note that Mayhem 1-3 are unchanged.
- In addition to
increase enemy health and adjust modifiers, Mayhem 4 contains
new legendary weapons and class mods on the hunt for players. These new
gear pieces will contribute to new builds and new ways to kill
- To support Mayhem 4, we have changed Mayhem's station
slightly. Players will activate Mayhem through the central pillar and
raise or lower Mayhem levels using the pillars on either side.
Going forward, we'll be keeping a close eye on the Mayhem 4 challenge.
We are hard at work on Mayhem 2.0 which will add brand new gameplay
additions to Mayhem Mode in the future. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy
the challenge and new loot!
Characters now start the game with 20 bank slots instead of 10.
The Bank's existing SDUs will each give a total of 100 places available.
Ten additional bank units can be purchased from Marcus' shop on
Sanctuary III using in-game cash currency, each allocating 20 spaces,
for a total of 300 bank spaces!
Dedicated loot pools for bosses
bosses have been updated with new loot pools that give them dedicated
Legendary items to drop. Players can now find out which bosses drop
their favorite gear and more easily farm their favorite items. Leave him
the hunt begins!
The following environments have received additional vending machines. They
can usually be found before bosses or the middle waypoint in a larger
- QG Atlas
- Lectra City
- Jakobs Estate
- Ravenous Canopy
- Ruins of Tazendeer
- The pyre of stars
Players can master their aggression or test their gear on a Handsome target in Sanctuary III's Firing Range.
this patch we have adjusted many passives involving companions such as Iron
Bear, Digi-Clone and FL4K pets in general. We wanted to increase their
viability for later Mayhem levels while also targeting certain passives
which were less efficient than some others. The iron bear saw
increases to base scaling and additional bonuses have been added by
liabilities and increases. We've allowed some of Zane's destruction bonuses to
stack up to two times, increasing their yield under certain conditions.
FL4K pets have also had their damage increased, so
they didn't feel underpowered for Mayhem Mode. We are currently happy
with the variety of Amara releases, but we are still monitoring
feedback and will adjust if necessary.
- Iron Bear damage increased per level, to a total of just under 150% at max level
- Desperate Measures now gives the bonus to Iron Bear
- Experimental Ammo – Iron Bear also deals bonus fire damage on critical hits
- Burning RPMs also grant a 5% Hardpoint damage increase per level.
- Vampyr – When Iron Bear deals surface damage, Iron Bear receives half bonus healing.
- Iron Bear now throws barrels when the player shuffles them
- Increased Iron Bear Bubble Shield from 20% to 50% Moze's health
- SNTL damage scale increased by 2% per level
- Donnybrook, Pocket Full of Grenades, Cold Hand, Violent Violence, and Violent Speed bonuses now stack twice
- Fixed Violent Momentum to scale more at higher movement speeds
- Best Serve Cold radius and damage increased by 2% per level
- Confidence Confidence Increased maximum weapon damage bonus from 20% to 35%.
- Changed Tower of Light element of Cryo and increased bonus from 18% to 36%
- Borrowed Time duration increased from 15% to 30% per skill active
- Double Barrel Bonus increased from 20% to 25%
- Quick Breath now restores 50% of clone health after a swap
- Pocket Full of Grenades Bonus decreased slightly from 6,5% to 5% as it now stacks.
- Violent Violence Bonus decreased slightly from 4% to 3% as it now stacks
- Ambush Predator now has a HUD icon when the buff is active
- Scaled pet damage increased 10/5% per level from 9%
- Added pet damage to Grim Harvest at 7% per level
- Added pet damage to The Most Dangerous Game at 9% per level
- Added pet damage to Interplanetary Stalker at 1% per stack, per level
- Added damage to pets to Furious Attack at 0,6% per stack
- Added pet damage to The Fast and the Furious at 10% per level
- Lick the Wounds gained bonus animal damage after reviving the player
- Increased pet damage for Psycho Head on a staff from 10% to 20%
- Increased damage in Pack Tactics from 5% to 7% per level
- Adjusted Megavore not reward critical hit bonuses when taking self-inflicted damage
- Fixed several occasional crashes when interacting with the ECHO menu
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred after repeatedly exiting the main menu
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when transitioning to Athenas during a 4-player multiplayer session
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when Iron Bear was destroyed
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when entering or exiting Iron Bear
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred during intense fights with Varkids
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred in network games
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when a split-screen party joined another party during Marcus' intro
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when a split screen user left the main menu
- Fixed a rare crash that sometimes occurred when dropping gear on PC
- Fixed a rare crash that sometimes occurred after 3 clients joined the host
- Fixed a rare crash that sometimes occurred when destructible environmental art took damage
- Fixed a rare crash that sometimes occurred when a client switched to Desolation's Edge.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when entering Fade Away
- Fixed a rare crash related to an environment's time of day
- Fixed a rare crash that sometimes occurred as a result of incorrect text fields
- Fixed crash related to Minimap widget
- Fixed several crashes sometimes occurring when players were fast traveling
- Addressed a reported issue preventing the app from ending properly
- Fixed a reported concern where the news widget would hang indefinitely
- Disabling referral functionality in a co-op group
- Improved overall performance in menus
Note: We are still working on additional performance updates that will be implemented in future updates.
- Improved bank performance
- (PlayStation 4 only) Addressed a reported issue preventing some players from marking items as junk or favorite on PlayStation 4.
- Addressed a reported concern where sorting inventory by type would sometimes sort inventory by score
- Added “Sort by Rarity” to Bank, Stock, Item Sale, and Vending Machine Sale categories
- Customers now receive an indication of why their travel attempt failed
- Updated names in credits
a reported issue where corrupted characters were sometimes displayed
for some Fast Travel stations in Japanese and Simplified Chinese
A reported issue where characters were sometimes displayed in the
incorrect direction for some fast travel stations and level transitions
in traditional Chinese
- Addressed a reported concern where Class Mod Compare sometimes displayed the incorrect icons on abbreviated item cards
- Addressed a reported issue where item locations could sometimes overlap when viewing player storage.
- Addressed a reported concern where the journey countdown could sometimes be interrupted when opening the chat window
- (PC only) Addressed a reported issue that could cause the mouse to lose input.
- Addressed a reported issue where point cards at the start of the game were not displaying
- Addressed a reported issue where missions were sometimes not ranking correctly in the Mission Log
- Addressed a reported issue where the friends list could sometimes be too long for split-screen.
- Addressed a reported concern where a player could sometimes lose their HUD in splitscreen
- Addressed a reported issue where the information panel was briefly displayed when reviewing planet challenges.
a reported issue where players could sometimes be sent to the wrong
location when quickly selecting a destination on the map
- Fixed a rare issue where a dialog could not be closed
- Addressed a reported issue that could sometimes cause NPCs to get stuck when teleporting
a reported progression blocker where an NPC leading the player could
sometimes breaks if one of the players leaves the game
- Addressed a reported progression blocker where Lilith could sometimes get stuck during the “From the Ground Up” mission
a reported progression blocker that sometimes occurred when two
players tried to accept the quest item at the same time from the slot
machine during the “Sanctuary” mission
- Addressed some reported
progression blockers that sometimes occurred while traveling
another map and return during the "Sanctuary" mission
- Addressed a
reported progress blocker where Lorelei Cyclone could sometimes be
lost after players enter and exit the menu during the “Hostile
- Addressed a reported progress blocker where the
KillaVolt arena entrance sometimes not opening during mission
- Addressed a reported progress blocker where
a bot of the amber lamps could sometimes appear during the mission “Dynasty
Have dinner” and leave the combat zone
- Addressed a reported progression blocker where Bloodshine's Sister sometimes couldn't spawn during the "Proof of Woman" mission
- Addressed a reported progression blocker where Rhys-Ball could sometimes get stuck during the “Space Laser Tag” mission.
a reported progression blocker where Brick could sometimes get stuck
in a concrete block during the “Hammerlocked” mission
- Addressed a reported progression blocker where it was sometimes impossible to talk to Tina during the “Hammerlocked” mission
a reported progress blocker where Billy, The Oointed would be
sometimes disappear during the mission “Lair of the Harpy”
a reported progress blocker where split-screen clients could
sometimes not progress the “Equip Black Flame” objective during the
“Witch Brew” mission
- Addressed a reported progression blocker where Balex could sometimes stop walking during “The Family Jewel” mission
- Addressed a reported progression blocker where it was sometimes impossible to talk to Tannis during “The Great Vault” mission
a reported progression blocker where Tannis sometimes did not interact
with a critical mission objective during the mission “In the Shadow of
- Addressed a reported progress blocker issue
The tink could sometimes jump outside the barrier during the mission
- Addressed a few reported progression blockers during “The Trial of Survival” mission
- Rare, Hunt, and Bounty enemies are always at the same level as players.
- Made adjustment to default zoom speed for gamepad
- Mayhem mods that cancel each other can no longer be active at the same time
- Shields that start regen immediately after exhaustion now correctly trigger Not Exhausted events.
Moze is no longer able to infinitely stack damage, health, and
shield regeneration buffs from Brawler Ward Legendary Shield after equipping
the Bloodletter Mod class.
- Rough Rider Shield properly triggers depleted augments when equipped
- Addressed a reported issue where some shields could grant players buffs even if they were not equipped
Players can no longer stack Brawler health regen buff
Keep Legendary Shield on another Shield when equipping and
unequip the Brawler Ward shield in inventory.
- Addressed a reported issue where Class Mods and Artifacts were sometimes accumulating Action Skill cooldowns when running.
- Addressed a reported concern where Anointed parts of Hellwalker could sometimes be weighted incorrectly
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Zane's barrier to block E-Tech weapon projectiles
- Addressed a reported issue where FL4K pets could sometimes be frozen without showing any freezing effects
A reported issue where the Action Skill cooldown for FL4K's Gamma
Bursts can sometimes stack cooldowns when players revive or generate a
animal every time
- Addressed a reported issue where the active tracking skill for Moze would sometimes not target enemies in turrets
- Addressed a reported concern where the Mayhem modifier sometimes did not affect Eridium Earned
- Addressed a reported concern where parts of The Anvil were sometimes not properly balanced
- Addressed a reported concern where the Mother of Dragons would sometimes not drop loot
a reported issue where rare enemies were spawning may not have spawned for
a mission if players had already defeated that enemy during that
- Addressed a reported concern where loot would sometimes fail to spawn after players find all of the Eridian Writings.
- DX12 is now the default graphics API on Windows 10 for AMD video card users
- Added support for future patch types
- Added spectator mode for shots
- Explosion effects now wear off faster
- Bullet tracers passing through Zane's shield are more transparent
- Improved general audio performance and memory usage
- Saved games triggered by money or inventory changes have been limited
- Addressed a reported issue where save files could be deleted after the game crashed while saving.
- Addressed a reported concern where Rank and Guardian Tokens could be lost
- Addressed a reported concern where equipped weapon skins were sometimes not displayed correctly
- Addressed a reported issue where ECHO themes were sometimes not displaying correctly for co-op players
- Addressed a reported issue where Clay and Wainwright Jakobs sometimes did not appear correctly in their title card
- Addressed a reported concern where a Boundary Turret in Floodmoor Basin would sometimes not detect the Iron Bear
- Addressed a reported concern where Iron Bear could sometimes clip through the platform during the Graveward fight
- Addressed a reported issue where players were sometimes loading Tazendeer Ruins in the wrong direction.
- Addressed a reported issue where players could sometimes become invulnerable when trading Artifacts
- Addressed a reported concern where Rakk could sometimes get stuck by geometry in The Cistern of Slaughter
- Addressed an issue where players could join the arena in The Cistern of Slaughter after dying
- Addressed a reported issue where depth of field sometimes did not work correctly in split screen
- Addressed a reported concern where the player's shield bar could sometimes disappear from the HUD
- Addressed a reported concern where the vault symbol on loading screens was sometimes incorrect on consoles
A reported issue where events would sometimes not work properly if
ECHOcast was not activated before loading to a map
- Addressed several issues with Badass Events not spawning certain cards for the Twitch ECHOcast Extension
- Addressed a reported concern that sometimes caused stats to not increment correctly in vehicles
- Addressed a reported issue where service bot audio would sometimes ignore acoustic data
- Addressed a reported issue where player characters would sometimes call for health flasks when they were already at max health.
- Addressed several issues where audio was sometimes muffled or lost
- Fixed multiple issues where players would sometimes lose gravity permanently
- Edit group indicator is now hidden when input is unavailable
are separated from the update and applied to the main menu when
Borderlands 3 is connected to the Internet. Unlike updates, patches are
non-permanent – they are temporarily stored in memory during gameplay
session and lost upon release of Borderlands 3. To ensure you receive
patches, make sure your system is connected to the internet when
Borderlands 3 starts up and spends time on the menu screen until the
background change (at the moment you are looking for pumpkins)!
- Addressed a concern that the Legendary Maliwan “Recursion” Ricochets were sometimes failing to target Ghosts
- Adjusted Rampager item pool to allow specific legendaries to drop
- Addressed a reported concern that “Boom Sickle” sometimes contains incorrect part text.
we still have a lot of things we are working on, including
performance and stability updates, Mayhem and 2.0 updates, disableable
cutscenes, and more.
In related news, Gearbox Software recently detailed the highly anticipated campaign DLC for the shooter. Titled Borderlands 3, Moxxi's Handsome Potty Gamer, players will join Moxxi as she assembles a ragtag group of characters to infiltrate and steal Handsome's loot from her casino. Players will need to play through the Borderlands 3 story to access the campaign DLC or, better yet, reach Sanctuary 3 at the very least. If you want to know all the details of the upcoming DLC, click here!
Borderlands 3 is available now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Are you enjoying the latest title in the franchise? Let us know in the comments below!