Mjolnir's awesome electrical power can be wielded in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla - but only if you're worthy to claim the divine weapon. We all know Mjolnir from Thor, the god of thunder from the Avengers movies (and games), but this legendary weapon of destruction exists for real in Norse mythology. There was no way the developers could leave this weapon out. It's sort of an easter egg, and it's kind of a secret bonus weapon.
Earning the Mjolnir requires a full game – only after completing the story will it become available, and you'll need to find 5 pieces of armor, dagger keys, and do a lot of exploring. It's a confusing quest. So we include text hints only if you don't want to spoil the hunt on your own. That's a lot to take in, so here's a quick rundown of the steps to get the biggest hammer in history.
Other Assassin's Creed: Valhalla guides:
Best Skills To Unlock First | PC Fix Glitch Selection Screen
How To Unlock Mjolnir, Thor's Hammer | Legendary Weapons Location Guide
To acquire the Hammer of Thor – the Lightcaller Mjolnir – you must first complete the 5 Piece Thor Armor Set.
- How to get all 5 pieces of Thor armor:
- Defeat the 3 daughters of Lerion.
- Each one has 1 piece of Thor armor. You will earn 3 coins for defeating each of the sisters.
- Beat all 3 to win thor helmet as a reward - you'll need to reach a special hidden lair to use the 3 dagger keys dropped by each of the sisters.
- The last piece is Thor's Cape. This is your reward for clearing the Order of elders.
To get three pieces of armor and the keys to unlock all four pieces, you must defeat special opponents called the Daughters of Lerion. These unique enemies patrol specific locations in East Anglia.
- Lerion Girls Locations: All 3 are located in East Anglia.
- Girl #1: To the north on the monastery of the Isle of Ely.
- Girl #2: Along the northeast shore of East Anglia. At the rock, northwest of the advanced camp on the east bank.
- Girl #3: Near the western border, southwest of Britannia's Watch.
After defeating all of Lerion's daughters, you can use the daggers they drop to unlock Thor's helmet.
- Earn Thor's Helmet: Go to Lair of the Book of Knowledge southwest of Burgh Castle. Look for an open crypt on your compass - it's in an ancient graveyard.
- Use the three daggers dropped by the 3 daughters of Lerion on the statue at the back of the cave. It will break and fall thor helmet.
After getting Thor's helmet, you should have 4 out of 5 pieces. The final piece takes a long time and can't be acquired until much later in the game.
- Obtaining Thor's cape: The final piece of Thor's armor is rewarded for killing everyone in the Order of the Ancients.
- Yes really. You must kill each target. This can only be done in the post-game, after completing the story.
Now that you have 5 pieces of Thor's armor, you can get the Mjolnir. Put on Thor's armor and return to Norway.
- Where to find Mjolnir: Return to the map of Norway and join the northern waterway of Hordafylke. Zoom in with your map and you'll find a large area to explore surrounded by mountains - the only remote area in the mid-north with a large section you can visit.
- Follow the trail as you climb. This ultimately leads to Mjolnir – it can only be lifted when wearing all 5 pieces of armor.
By collecting Thor's hammer, you will earn the Worthy achievement / trophy. And an awesome weapon!